Modding discussion for Driver.
By LaV
Registration Days Posts
Note: The following message may appear screwed up. If so, please see DMC12.nfo.txt in the archive.
Edit: Forgot to mention that this mod is Miami only for now
Code: Select all
        ___                            ,.-:~:-.                  _ ,.,              ,.,  ' ‘                        
    .:´/::::;'`;     ‘                  /':::::::::'`,              '/:::::/`,           /:::/';                          
   /::/::::/:::/'i                    /;:-·~·-:;':::',            /;: :;/:::\         /;:;/:'i‘                          
  /·´¯¯¯'`;/::'i'       ‚          ,'´          '`:;::`,         ,´     `;::';       ,´   'i:'i                           
 i          'i::'¦                  /                `;::\        i        \::',      ,:    'i:';                          
 ';          ¦::;                ,'                   '`,::;      ;         ';::\ .,_';     ';:'i'                         
  ;         ;::;  °            i'       ,';´'`;         '\:::', ‘  ';         ';::/::::';     ;':;                          
  ';        ;:,'_ ,.-·~^; ° ,'        ;' /´:`';         ';:::'i‘   \          \/::::;'      i:/'°                         
   ';      ';:/:::::::::/::i'  ;        ;/:;::;:';         ',:::;    '\          '`~'´     ,'/                             
   ,:      '/::;:-·~^';::'/' 'i        '´        `'         'i::'/      \                  /                               
  i´        ¯          'i/ ' ¦       '/`' *^~-·'´\         ';'/'‚       '`,             ;'                                 
  '`·,_          _ , ·'´‘   '`., .·´              `·.,_,.·´  ‚          `·.,    ,.·´                                   
       ¯ `'*'´ ¯     '                                                       ¯         °                   

It's one o'clock, here in Paris, and I want to sleep. While still re-discovering Driver, my childhood's game, I'm still thinking about the dreams I had for this game. 
While I could introduce myself to the Driver community with a "Hello World!" thread, I decided to do it in da reverse'd way
Today, I wanted to share dreams that I realised, even if that means I cannot sleep
And this is why I'm bringing to you:

(          (                            
 )\ )       )\ )                         
(()/(    ( (()/(     (     (    )        
 /(_))  ))\ /(_)) (  )(   ))\( /(  (     
(_))_  /((_|_))   )\(()\ /((_)(_)) )\ )  
 |   \(_)) | |   ((_)((_|_))((_)_ _(_/(  
 | |) / -_)| |__/ _ \ '_/ -_) _` | ' \)) 
 |___/\___||____\___/_| \___\__,_|_||_|  

The DeLorean DMC 12, converted to Driver in ten minutes thankfully to the gr8 tools that are out there!

Author: LaV
Original model: lkraan

Required:
- someone972's Vertex fix: http://sourceforge.net/projects/drivertexeditor/files/Miscellaneous/vertex_fix.zip/download
- someone972's Driver Texture Editor: http://sourceforge.net/projects/drivertexeditor/files/Driver%20Texture%20Editor/Version%202.0/DTE_2.zip/download

Installation:
1. Extract archive's content to /Levels subfolder
2. Launch DMC12_Install.bat
3. Open DTE
4. In DTE, open miami_01.lev
5. Replace texture74 with DMC12.bmp
6. Enjoy!

[To use this vehicle, you must select Vehicle ID 4 (Blue with black stripes). The best is to choose it on selection screen after game has been finished]

Known issues & stuffs:
- Damages are fucked up (Play with No damage cheat on)
- Smoothing groups are also fucked up at some places

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7123880/Driver/ ... _DMC12.rar

Last edited by LaV on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LaV
Registration Days Posts
Thank you for your feedback. :>
I needed a lowpoly model and because I havn't got time to bake textures of my full model, I used a free one.
As said in the nfo, this models belongs to lkraan, and can be freely downloaded @ turbosquid[DOT]com.
By LaV
Registration Days Posts
Again, thank you.

Expect more stuffs from me in the oncomming days, and not just model/texture mods.
By RacingFreak
Very nice! Meanwhile, I have ripped BTTF (original and official version), coming from the BTTF game. Do you want it? It`s one of the highest polied to be seen, which will be a problem.. though.
By LaV
Registration Days Posts
If y'all want a BTTF version I can make it, but I do need some info's:

- Exporter's polys/vertex limit
- Havn't tried but is it posible to use multiple textures for one model?
- Does anyone messed with vehicle's properties? (Lights and wheels positions i.e.)

I can also try to make something when the vehicles reach 88 mph, shouldn't be that hard. :>
By benflex
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
bad thing you can t get no sleep... but a good thing that you made this car :) (yes nights in paris are sometimes boring!)
By LaV
Registration Days Posts
This message may seem weird but you know, struggling against polygons at 1 am isn't trivial ;p

BTW, which city appears the most adaptated for a (BTTF) Hill Valley look alike? Miami, SF, or NY?
By benflex
Good question:

i would say Miami, because

-that's my favorite city
- the ground is flat (unlike SF),
-the buildings are short (unlike NY).

Miami could be a small city like Hill Valley. So it seems that your serious about this BTTF mod :)
By LaV
Registration Days Posts
Not really a BTTF mod, I'm just going to add some skyways and stuffs §§
By LaV
Registration Days Posts
Yep I do. However, it is the one from the one from BTTF2, If you do have the first, I would be happy if you could send it to me.

Or maybe I could make one from that model :>
By LaV
Registration Days Posts
Thank you for your interest, but this model has a too high polycount and they focused alot on the interior. Even baking and deleting interior wouldn't help ;d
I want it to fit inside the game, like this one does. I think that making one from scratch is the way to go.
By benflex
LaV I think of it, and i get the beginning of an idea of a BTTF mod.

IF it is possible in driver to just replace all the cities (level file) by the same city (let's say miami). It would be possible to make a story (missions) where you "travel time".

Or more exactly your missions are always in the same city but with different textures and car sets.

let's say:

80's:
Image Image Image

50's:
Image Image Image

and future...

Image Image Image

...3 times the same city where only textures and cars are changed...
Last edited by benflex on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RacingFreak
Meanwhile take a look at this:
Model from London Racer game. I contacted Someone972 about game`s archives and hopefully we will have this model for Driver soon. Because - it`s way low-polied and looks good. While the original BTTF version:
Render by me.
By Fireboyd78
As benflex suggested, a time warp is very possible. All we would need to do is copy Miami (or w/e other city) however many times and then, in the DMS file, link that mission to the specific .LEV

For example, if we wanted to play the mission in this "80s" time warp, we could name it MIAMI_80s.LEV and then, in the DMS, it would be something like:
Code: Select all
LoadMap "Miami_80s.lev"
EventScript "Miami_80s_1.des"
etc.
By benflex
Dr. Doom I have to test it :)

I suppose we can edit the "mladder.dml" file in the data directory as well...
By Fireboyd78
Definitely! I was in the process of making a fully working mission pack, until:

-No time
-Lost interest
By benflex
I woudl really like to do such a mod. The last problem remaining for now would be the damages...
By someone972
Which wont be a problem if I ever get the importer working. It's built into the file format for the vertex fix now, so it can be used right now if you had the right tools.
By RacingFreak
Great. I hope everything will be fine now, since I encountered small UV map problems when using SOAP`s tools, I hope these will be eliminated :wink:
By benflex
someone972 when i try the vertex fix:

-Every menu is displayed with "lang missing" (my version is in french)
-at th first collision, driver close

I will try english version, if it is on the cd...

Kravitz's comment has received more than 1,360 lik[…]

Does anyone know if there is a music modifier chea[…]

My last video shows the excellent results of combi[…]

on the thought of his buddy zhuge qing, zhang chul[…]